Monday, April 27, 2009

Family Weekend

Hey peeps! No Suggest-A-Song Monday today; still playing catch-up. I was in Detroit/Kalamazoo/Battle Creek, Michigan all weekend for one of my brother's graduation from the School of Aviation at Western Michigan University. My brother has been a licensed pilot in different areas for some time now, and has now graduated. He has known he wanted to be a pilot since he was a wee tyke, so I am very impressed and proud that he has followed his dream all the way through. I remember when we were kids and a plane would go by and he would say, oh that sounds like a *insert engine or plane name here* and he would be fascinated by airports and everything. It feels good to be a black family that can say we have a pilot in the family. At age 22, no less. I have even been up in an airplane with him flying before; back in 2004 when he was only 18. How many of us can say we have literally put our lives in our sibling's hands before? Here are some pictures.
The new terminal at the main airport in Detroit. I like colors, so I couldn't help but to capture the changing scenes.
My brother, the graduate
Going clockwise from left: My father, brother #2, sister, brother #3, brother #1, stepmother, brother #1's girlfriend (kind of cut out the pic), grandmother, me, aunt.
My sister, 3 brothers, and me. Yes, I am the oldest and the shortest. Shut up.
My sister and I.
How was your weekend?

8 jewels of thought:

Admin said...

Beautiful family! Congrats to your brother!

InnyVinny said...

Congrats brother!!

Weekend was bleh. Didn't do much. Sucks by comparison. LOL.

LaMaraVilla said...

Awwwww, gorgeous family!!!! Your brothers are soooooooooo cute! I want to molest them all :P
And ummm yeah, you need to stay in them heels girl....
No just playing you're cute and fly despite being a tiny pygmy person (HA I made a funny!!!)

My weekend was incredibly busy and exciting. I am finally done hookers!!!!! This May I will have earned my PhD in Accounting, and I just found out that I was accepted at University of Pittsburgh's law school!!!!
On the other hand my dad asked me when the f*ck I will be done with school so I won't guilt him into paying anymore tuition bills....
I told him to kick rocks....

ChocolateOrchid said...

Congratulations to your brother!! How exciting! And yes, you have a beautiful fam.

My weekend was cool. I pretty muched green smoothied it up. Took my daughter to see the movie "earth" on Sunday. It really made me wanna travel the world.

Vanessa said...

Congrats to your bro! What an accomplishment! Glad to see your weekend was full of smiles.

My weekend was low key. I just finished travelling as well so I spent a lot of time tending to my lonley garden and doing laundry and of course spending time with fam :)

Desiree said...

Wow, you are a shorty! Sorry I couldn't help it... :-)

Congrats to your brother!

Anonymous said...

Love the terminal shots!! keep it up. Nice post! veri word: doloar

Anonymous said...

That kicks all ass!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin