Friday, March 6, 2009

I Love the 90s Friday: Erykah Badu

In honor of the Erykah Badu concert I'm going to tonight, I am posting my favorite Badu 90s videos.

Next Lifetime

One thing I have always loved about her as an artist has been her creative videos. The scenes and time periods are striking and pleasing to the eye. I loved the concept and how she took it beyond the normal meaning of the lyrics to a quite literal interpretation. If you have not seen this video, try it out!

Tyrone

This song and video are so fun. Apparently, she made this song up onstage (not this video) when she was touring somewhere.

What are your favorite Erykah Badu songs/videos? What do you think of her?

10 jewels of thought:

LaMaraVilla said...

I heart Miss Badu!!!!! My favorite songs are "Didn't Cha Know", "Love of My Life" and of course the ever entertaining "Tyrone".
As for favorite video, I was definitely loving the "Honey" video. Have fun girl!! I will be living vicariously through you tonight :)

LaMaraVilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LaMaraVilla said...

OMG!!!!! How could I forget her chorus on The Roots' "You Got Me"?!?!?! Her voice was so haunting on that hook, actually it's because of her why I feel in love with The Roots. Also "Danger", hardcore love song...
You know what I just love her lol too many songs to pick!!

Mrs. Mary Mack said...

I love Next Lifetime, and my favorite dance jam of hers in Danger! Lord the beat on that track gets my booty moving! I'm so jealous that you're going to see her! I've seen her once in concert here (she was late and it was free which equaled total chaos) and I got to work with her once (that's a different story altogther) LOL

InnyVinny said...

You are going to LOVE the show. I mean LOVE it.

I'm jealous.

Admin said...

Have fun at the concert!!!

ChocolateOrchid said...

I love Ms. Badu!
I'd say my fav. song is "Other Side of the Game". "Next Lifetime" is a close 2nd.
My fav video of her is "Love of My Life". I love the way she represented every phase/aspect of hip-hop.

Have a wonderful time at the concert!!

Laquita said...

Wow - I wish I was going :o)

Baduizm is my favorite CD. I don't think I have a favorite song from it if I had to pick it may be 4 Leaf Clover.

When my sister was younger - she's 16 now - Certainly was her jam. She was I guess 5-yrs-old and anytime we went out in public she would sing out loud - "Slip me a mickey" - oh it was so embarrassing :o)

Enjoy the concert!

Chanel said...

i love how she always uses the video to create a whole story. shes awesomeeee

Chanel said...

oh and my favorite song is ...and on!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin