Friday, March 27, 2009

I Love the 90s Friday:SWV

I had a special request from Doc Brown to feature SWV, so that's what we're visiting today. Even though only 1.3 out of 3 members sang, everyone loved-did them some SWV. Coko and those fanga-nails...lawd. I picked a favorite song from each album:

Weak

Red lipstick, check. Camouflage, check. Industrial/elevator/shadowy setting, check. Velociraptor fingernails, check. I used to sing my little pre-pre-teen heart over this, lol. And I know many of y'all did too; don't front!

Use Your Heart

Apparently, this is a Neptunes production and Pharrell wrote the song! He was on so much 90s stuff that I had no clue! Anyhoo, I loved Taj's voice on this song. It was almost like hearing the Grim Reaper's voice because you would only hear Coko sing, so it was a surprise.

Someone

I still like this song even with P. Diddy douching up the song flying around in a helicopter for no reason. Motha****** are you even licensed?!

What were your favorite SWV songs?

9 jewels of thought:

Lina said...

Favorites: Weak, Anything Remix and Right Here.

Nice Little TMI: My cousins and I sang Weak on video at my 11th birthday party= Nice fat FAIL.

ChocolateOrchid said...

My SWV favorites are Weak and Rain.

InnyVinny said...

I miss them. So much.

augusta said...

use your heart
rain
can we (get kinky tonight)
right here (huuman nature mix)
your the one

p.s. check out swv-anything ....major fanga-nailage in this vid,lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJWpNkcyx8E&feature=related

Chanel said...

lol love those up-do's in the second vid. PSH diddy... ANYWAYS...

kit von b. said...

anything remix, can we get kinky tonight, rain on me, use your heart...ugh. what blows is that they could REALLY sang.

but coco & them nails?

nawl.

-kb

Gem said...

Lina: I need to see video of this STAT.

All'o'yall: I love the 'Anything' remix but Blogger was moving too slow so I made do with these 3.

Chanel: I was going to mention the up-dos, lmao!

KB:Do you remember the Can We video? One of them (Taj I think) was super-crunk for no reason in the video. Like, she was just having a great time.

Jenn said...

I can go the rest of my life and never hear "Weak" again. Y'all Negroes ruined that damn song for me. RUINED! But I just rediscovered "Downtown" and "Blak Pudd'n", which I can't get out of my head. And "Can We" is ridiculously hot.

I LOLed @ your comment about Taj. Her vocals on "It's All About U" are cold as hell! I think she would've made the better singer on "Someone".

De Here said...

I'm a Neptunes Stan and 'Use Your Heart' was their big break...sounds nothing like them now...SWV was always one of my favorite groups

Blog Widget by LinkWithin